Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Dog-Friendly Nature Walk in Stockton

http://www.thedogtrainingsecret.com/blog/rules-engagement-rules-dog-training/
Photo Credit: The Dog Training Secret
Today I am going to introduce you to a secret gem of Stockton. I like to call it Agriculture Row. It is a dog-friendly dirt walking path that is perfect for letting your dog off leash to run or walk by your side. Very few people know of this walking trail, so typically you will be able to enjoy your walk through nature in seclusion.

It is a very peaceful environment filled with running water from the nearby irrigation canals and birds of vibrant colors. The trail starts by winding through groves of walnut trees. Eventually the trail splits and you can choose to walk along grassy fields, continue into the trees, or loop around a farm taking in the sight of the crops. There are four loops in total and the shortest loop is about 1 mile in length.
Photo Credit: The Farmer Fred Rant

I recommend walking in the early morning because seeing the fog on the ground in combination with the sunrise is breathtaking. The local animals seem to be more active at this time as well! No matter what time you go for your walk, I am confident that you will love it!



Want Directions?

Here’s how to get to the best nature path in Stockton:
    http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Walnut-tree_20041012_2599.JPG
  1. Take I-5 North Towards Lodi
  2. Exit off Hammer Lane
  3. Stay in the left lane of the Exit (Towards Hammer Lane West)
  4. Turn left on Mariners Drive
  5. Turn right on Light House
  6. Park Immediately (Right Side)
  7. Walk up the dirt hill to the levee path
  8. Walk to the right along the levee path (roughly 50 meters)
  9. The trail will start on your left hand side

I hope you and your dog enjoy walking this trail as much as my pup and I do! Please let me know by commenting! 









1 comment:

  1. Hi, I love the information on nature walks in Stockton. However, I rescued my dog from the Stockton shelter and she is not getting along with any other dog. Please let me know if you have any good tips for dogs with anxiety.

    ReplyDelete